Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jagsfan2832

jagsfan2832

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

I have a virus on my other computer and i have tried downloading some anti-spyware programs to stop it but they force you to buy it before you can delete the "threats" and my computer keeps on saying that i have spyware but a couple of other programs have popped up saying trojan (blank) virus detected and evertime i open internet explorer only my homepage works and a bunch of new windows pop up with random games and nothing on my computer works right so i am wondering..... how do i fix my computer and get rid of the virus so that i can start using my computer again? I would really appreciate anybody who could tell me how to fix it because i have been dealing with this virus for a couple of days and it is extremely annoying because i cant even use it for internet explorer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

You'll need to download HijackThis and post a log here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/133/misplaced-hjt-logs/

Professionals in the field (I'm still in training) will take care of it for you. Also, please give them some time to reply, they are very busy and are working hard to get everyone sorted, so it may take a while for them to reply.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 jagsfan2832

jagsfan2832
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

i would but i cant get to any websites on my computer so how do i download it onto that computer, can i send it somehow?

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

HijackThis is a program that will can your computer for processes and registry keys. All you have to do is to run it, on that computer, and out pops a log file. You post the log file here, and the pro's will handle it.

You can download Hijackthis on the computer that you're currently on, and then install it onto the infected computer. Then, just transfer the log back to this computer.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,488 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

Your Log posting needs your attention. It is now titled My HJT Log and can be found here...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153554/my-hjt-log/

It is here now in the Misplaced HJT Logs forum. You posted your log in a forum not intended for HijackThis logs analysis and probably missed the directions we provide to those who require assistance. We can only allow topics with such logs in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum. This restriction is to ensure you get the best help available, from those who specialize in malware anlaysis and removal. It also should prevent you from receiving ineffective or even potentially dangerous advice, whether well meaning or not.

The Misplaced HJT Logs forum is strictly a holding area where the BC Staff can assist you with preparations for and to properly post your log. If you have a question or encounter a problem in the Prep Guide, please do post back to this topic; that is what it is here for.

Please make all responses there.
To avoid Confusion I will close this topic.
Thank You

Edited by boopme, 21 June 2008 - 09:05 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users