Its because your computer is running Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838857This is why:
- The local address table (LAT) file Msplat.txt is missing or corrupted.
- The following folder has been moved or removed: \Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients
- Incorrect access permissions have been assigned to the following folder: Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Verify that the Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients folder exists. ISA Server services requires this folder to run.
2. Verify that the following security groups have Full Control permissions assigned for the Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients folder: Administrators/SYSTEM
3. Verify that the Msplat.txt file exists in the Clients folder. If this file is missing, copy it from another ISA Server computer.
Note After you copy this file from another ISA Server computer, view the LAT to make sure that it contains the correct IP address range.
If the Clients folder is missing or damaged, or if you cannot copy the missing Msplat.txt file from another installation of ISA Server, reinstall ISA Server 2000.
Edited by K()nT3nTs, 21 June 2008 - 05:56 PM.