Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 speeedy

speeedy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Everything was working fine, I shut down my computer and then started it up again a bit later and now the only thing that starts up properly is internet explorer..

Everything else just gives me this error message: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate the application.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Please :[.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 K()nT3nTs

K()nT3nTs

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

Its because your computer is running Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838857

This is why:
  • The local address table (LAT) file Msplat.txt is missing or corrupted.
  • The following folder has been moved or removed: \Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients
  • Incorrect access permissions have been assigned to the following folder: Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients

RESOLUTION:
    To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Verify that the Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients folder exists. ISA Server services requires this folder to run.
2. Verify that the following security groups have Full Control permissions assigned for the Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\Clients folder: Administrators/SYSTEM
3. Verify that the Msplat.txt file exists in the Clients folder. If this file is missing, copy it from another ISA Server computer.

Note After you copy this file from another ISA Server computer, view the LAT to make sure that it contains the correct IP address range.
If the Clients folder is missing or damaged, or if you cannot copy the missing Msplat.txt file from another installation of ISA Server, reinstall ISA Server 2000.

Edited by K()nT3nTs, 21 June 2008 - 05:56 PM.

#3 speeedy

speeedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

It seems I do not have a Microsoft ISA Server file at all :huh:

Edited by speeedy, 21 June 2008 - 06:00 PM.

#4 speeedy

speeedy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

And I can't seem to download the ISA Server 2000 Service Pack thing because when I try it just gives me the same 0xc0000142 error. :huh:

#5 K()nT3nTs

K()nT3nTs

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

Ok, forget MS info. Thats a joke and a half.

The problem may be related to your Audio or video card. Try re-installing you video driver again and your sound card driver.

Edited by K()nT3nTs, 21 June 2008 - 06:14 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Here's some information on the error message: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x142
Although this is an application error, it can cause the BSOD - hence the error message.
If you don't know which application is causing this, the next step would be to analyze the memory dump file according to these instructions: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246
Post the results back here for us to have a look at.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users