Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Potential Video Card Issue.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jason7533

Jason7533

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

I have a GeForce Video card that I use to run Dual Monitors. I've been using it for a few years now, and have had no problems. Actually, I recently opened up the computer to clean the dust out, and was experiencing problems with it freezing up. I opened it back up, blew it out again and made sure I didn't knock anything loose. It's been working with no problems since then(about 1 month ago). However, i'm now having problems. I'll be working with no problems, then I notice the screens start to get a tint of green. Also, looks as though some lines get a little wavvy. Usually, everything freezes up soon after. I'll reboot it, and it starts up fine, but usually the same thing happens. The last time I had some green box like images appear on the screen. I was hoping I might get some ideas of what's going on, and how I might be able to correct the problem. The PC itself runs XP and is a good 5 years old. It seems as though I really encounter the problem when i'm working with 1 particular website. However, this is the primary site I use to work, so I'm on it most of the time. I don't encounter the problem with my Laptop, so I really don't think it's the problem.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

After unplugging the computer, I would remove the video card and make sure the fan and fins of the heatsink on the card are nice and clean. Also blow out the slot
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users