Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fraps doesnt work anymore

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 FdjC

FdjC

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:47 AM

hey

Fraps the video game recording program i have has stopped working now, it MAY be since XP sp2 but i dont think thats it.
what happened was i was on version 2.25, my mate then said there was version 2.50 out, he sent me it, i downloaded and installed. I tried to start Fraps, the icon appeared in the system, tray then as i went to open it there it disappeared. i tried a reoot and tried again, same thing happened i then called my mate ans he said his worked perfect, so i went and reinstalled version 2.25 to see if that would make a difference, it didnt and the icon dissappears like it does for version 2.50.

Anyway i have no idea hwat the problem is, maybe the version my mate sent me was tampered with, but even so i went to www.fraps.com and dopwnloaded the lateset version there, same thing still happened, maybe if i cleaned my registery of it totally would it work again?

If there is anything else you need to know ask me and i will try to answer you

Any help is greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:08 AM

Uninstall it completely. Then look under the following registry key and make sure there is not one there for frap:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

If there is delete it. Then look in c:\program files and delete any frap directories if they exist. Finally reinstall the app

#3 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:02 AM

I tried that there now and it seems the same thing is still happening, the icon in the system tray dissappears before i can access the program.
Any other suggestions?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

Nope...no idea why that would be happening. If your using xp you can check the event viewer and see if "by luck" it adds anything there

#5 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:31 PM

erm.....how do i do that then??

btw me mate sent me a version today, i dont know if i can say this but this version was tampered with.
Its like customised in a way for his use, i installed it and it seems to work, however its an old version and id prefer newer versions as they offer more options, jpg, mpg....etc

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:29 AM

If you are on xp, go into your control panel->administrative tools->event viewer

#7 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:55 AM

ok i tried that bt thing is my fraps stopped working before christmas and that log doesnt go back that far :thumbsup:

any other suggestions?

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

Nothing else comes to mind unfortuantely..you can try a new video driver and see if tha tmakes a difference.

#9 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:18 PM

you mean for my GFX card?

its all up to date and i had previous driver, i tried it too
anyway that wouldnt make it disappear from the system tray would it?

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

No, but if there was a cnflict between the drivers and the program it could make it terminate the process unexpectedly..hence the loss of the icon.

I really do not know what else to tell you at this point unfortunately.

#11 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

thank you anyway

#12 vazagothic

vazagothic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

Does the Unregistered version of Fraps still work ? A friend of mine has similar problem and I'm going to perform some testing (to check what registry settings are changed using RegShot software) tonight or tomorrow.

If I find anything - I will let you know for sure.

#13 pish180

pish180

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:45 AM

i am having the same problem.. going for trial to full ver. There has to be a registry key that fraps trial is making. not sure tho... any solutions yet?? thx

#14 FdjC

FdjC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:52 AM

i was just upadating from one free version to the next and it would not work when i did, still does not work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users