Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Cd Burning Software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andnino

Andnino

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

Don't know where else to post this... so I do it here

Does anyone know a decent CD burner, that burns tracks correctly? I'm looking for one that lets tracks flow over without notice. Windows Media Player and iTunes don't work, just like Express Burn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

What do you mean by flow over? As in, the tracks play nonstop without having to pause in between?
If that's what you mean, there's not much your CD burning software can do, it's more about hardware. It's your CD player that plays the disc. After 1 track finishes, it has to pause a bit before reading and playing the next track.
So far I don't really know of any CD player that can read the next track before the previous finishes.

If you really don't want the pause, you can just manually edit the music and join into one big music track.
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#3 bizarrechaos

bizarrechaos

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

Im gonna have to disagree, I have ashampoo burning studio and it asks you while burning a CD if you want nonstop play

#4 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

Burrrn is free and will automatically use "no pause between tracks. Plus it will convert formats such as flac, SHN, etc. to cda. But it has it's shortcomings. Check out some of the reviews. It might work for you.

I use Nero, and click the "no pause between tracks", or iTunes, "file" > "get info" > "options" > "Part of a Gapless album" (Mac based)

Also Feurio and the "no pauses" setting.

Edited by 12x48y, 22 June 2008 - 08:37 AM.

#5 Andnino

Andnino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:42 AM

Well thanks, iTunes has the option but discs burned with iTunes don't play. I'll try some of those you named.

#6 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

discs burned with iTunes don't play.

Really??? What format are the tunes. iTunes doesn't recognize some formats, IE; Flac, Shorten. Burrrn, & Nero with the Flac plugin will convert these to cda.

If you have a playlist of songs like maybe "Dark Side of the Moon", or a live concert where you don't want any pause between tracks, in iTunes, on the left, Click on the playlist > click the first song, then shift click the last song. This will select all the songs in the playlist. Now follow the directions above, File > get info > (or command I on the Mac) at the bottom of the box that just opened click yes to the following. "compilation" "Remember position" "skip when shuffling" "Gapless album"

EAC (Exact Audio Copy) is free & will remove gaps (sometimes) But there is a learning curve to it.

If you received this on a forum that trades legal c.d.'s and it was burned with gaps, (TOA - tracks at once) This is unacceptable in the trading community,it should be burned DAO - Disc at once. and the person who sent it to you should know better. You should ask that person to burn it again correctly, or look for a better copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users