Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed : Halo 2 Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dmndmn

dmndmn

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:54 AM

Hey ,
I Recently upgraded my computer. Specs:

1) V-Class MSI Motherboard
2) AMD X64 X2 Dual Core 2.2 GHz
3) Onboard ATI Radeon X1250 GPU ( card )

and the works. K, so basically i can run Halo 2 on Full Graphics on 800*600 Screen Resolution, but when i reach a particular part in the Arbiter level, it freezes at the same point every-time and after some time i get a BSOD telling me that a ati related file ( sorry, but can't remember the name ) has stopped responding as it has been caught in an infinite loop. And also i'm using a Windows XP Service Pack 2, got a legal XP fix for my Halo 2.

I just need to know if it's a problem with the game files or the Graphics card. 'Cause i jus payed pretty much a lot for my system right now and 'm thinking about getting a new Graphics Card.

Any help or assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by dmndmn, 21 June 2008 - 08:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

With it being an ATI related file I'm guessing its your Graphics Card.

Have you checked for any patches? As there may be conflicts with ATI devices.

Hope this helps.

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#3 dmndmn

dmndmn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

Hey,
Thanks for offering help, mate. Anyways, i had updated the driver before by getting the driver update from the net, but when i updated the driver, my card got pretty messed up. This is what happened. My GPU is Radeon X1250 onbaord, but it started showing it as Radeon X1200, and i couldn't play any games properly, like, the game would start, and when i go past the main menu, the game froze. So what i did was i un-installed the driver and re-installed it from the disc i got with the motherboard, and then it went back to Radeon X1250 which is fine, but the halo 2 problem still persists. I know this is ReallY confusing, but if anyone1 could help me out here, 'd be really greatfull.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dmndmn, 22 June 2008 - 10:35 PM.

#4 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

Double check the driver you downloaded make sure its definitely the X1250

Thats a hardware fix.

But as the Halo 2 "legal" XP fix? I do not think its legal unless Microsoft releases it. So I'm not going to touch on that unless I have some extra proof that it is legal.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#5 dmndmn

dmndmn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:10 PM

well, my friend gave me the fix, told me it was k to use it. :thumbsup: :flowers:

Anyways updated the driver, i go through the proper procedures : Driver download --> XP Version --> Motherboard/Onboard --> Radeon X1250

then i get the download link for ATI Catalyst Control Center 8.6
Updated the driver now it starts showing X1200 series again, but the most of the games run fine except halo 2 and now, i can't play NFS : Most Wanted for some reason. When i insert the disc in the drive, the autorun.exe executes but the game doesn't launch, but when i go to TaskManager [ Ctrl + Alt +Del ] , speed.exe process is running but the game isn't showing up on screen. What the hell 'm i supposed to do!!! :trumpet: this is getting really annoying considering i paid a pretty good amount for my computer.

Any help is very much appreciated.

#6 oneup

oneup

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

1) halo 2 is a vista game, thats how it works
2) I use the omega drivers, and it works on all radeon card (I think, google it) so, if identification is a problem, that may fix it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users