Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stability Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 j0hnnyl4w

j0hnnyl4w

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Hi guys, new to forums and to building. This is my first build ever so bare with me. I did it for the learning experience and so I could get what I want out of my system. Anyways, here's my setup and my problems/what I've tried.

Case:
COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

PSU:
COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-750-ACAA-A1 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 115/ 230 V Nemko, TUV, cUL, CE, BSMI, FCC, CCC

MOBO:
XFX MBN790IUL9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

RAM:
CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

GPU:

XFX GeForce 8800gt Alpha Dog Edition Extreme 512MB 256-bit DDR3 640MHz PCI-e Dual DVI/TV-Out SLI Ready

HDD:

MAXTOR 750GB SERIAL ATA/300 16MB BUFFER HARD DRIVE - L01F750

Vista Ultimate x86

I'm experiencing performance problems primarily during games (hard locking). I have all the latest drivers and bios. I ran memtest86 error free for almost 2 hours. I upped the volts on my memory to 1.9v, and that seemed to help for a short amount of time, but now its crashing a lot again. My memory is Auto'd at 7-7-7-20 in bios, should i change this to 9-9-9-24? I don't really understand what I'm causing when I do that though, which is why i haven't tried it.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if any of you need more information.

--J0hnnyl4w

Edited by j0hnnyl4w, 20 June 2008 - 10:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JeremyTM

JeremyTM

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

Sounds to me like a heat problem. When you run games, things heat up depending on the graphic intensity of the game. Make sure your CPU fan or heatsink is on properly. Did you forget to apply thermal compound on the CPU? Try running everything at default settings and see if you still get the issues. I really think its your CPU or the heatsink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users