Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Videocard Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jason7533

Jason7533

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

I have a GeForce Video card that I use to run Dual Monitors. I've been using it for a few years now, and have had no problems. Actually, I recently opened up the computer to clean the dust out, and was experiencing problems with it freezing up. I opened it back up, blew it out again and made sure I didn't knock anything loose. It's been working with no problems since then(about 1 month ago). However, i'm now having problems. I'll be working with no problems, then I notice the screens start to get a tint of green. Also, looks as though some lines get a little wavvy. Usually, everything freezes up soon after. I'll reboot it, and it starts up fine, but usually the same thing happens. The last time I had some green box like images appear on the screen. I was hoping I might get some ideas of what's going on, and how I might be able to correct the problem. The PC itself runs XP and is a good 5 years old.

Thanks in advance.

Jas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zahid Shaikh

Zahid Shaikh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

Your Graphic Card has gotten Loose in its slot. Fix it soon or there will be a sever damage to either you Card or the System Board.

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

As suggested above, make sure your GFX card is firmly in place and that its temperature is within the limits.
If you are having a problem with the GPU temperature, you could get a better cooler fan for it.

Also check the quality of power supply, insufficient or poor quality supply can also cause problems with your GFX card.

Finally, let's not rule out the possibility of the GFX card showing signs of failing.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 17 December 2009 - 02:36 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users