Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Use Xbox 360 Controller (works With Pc) Headset For Chatting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

Can some one please tell me is their a software I can use to for my xbox 360 controller for my windows XP PC (has a usb 2.0 so it works with PC) that lets me chat with others using the headset that plugs into the xbox 360 controller? If their isn't any then is it possible using some other method for chatting online using my headset? About the headset: it allows gamers to use in game voice chat, private chat, audio for video chat and in-game voice recognition for Xbox Live. (So i want to do the same thing on a PC but without playing a game like using the headset to chat on windows messenger, yahoo messenger, etc)

Edited by tomcruise3230, 20 June 2008 - 04:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

From the quick look I gave this link it might be easier to just buy a new headset.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Convert-yo...headset-into-a/

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

From the quick look I gave this link it might be easier to just buy a new headset.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Convert-yo...headset-into-a/

I already know these instructions but I can't use them since I only have one xbox 360 live headset and I need it for my xbox 360 console also therefore do you have any other sugestions please

Edited by tomcruise3230, 20 June 2008 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users