Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello From Sunny (usually) Florida!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imatechie

imatechie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hi ya'all, my name is Jeffrey and I have been around computers since the Commodore Vic-20 (oops, there goes my age!).

I just recently walked at commencement ceremonies at Keiser University in Lakeland where I received an A.S. degree in their Internet Technology program.

I also volunteer as an expert at allexperts.com, if you are courious, you can view my profile by clicking here and check my recent questions and answers so you can see how knowledgeable I am.

I also run a site similar to this one (A little less formal ) but it isn't that active yet, it was mainly started to handle special cases since at allexperts, in the computer categories, we can't attach images and files in our responses and I like to be able to
provide step by step details (with pics if needed.)

Anyway, in both cases I do also send people here in the event I can't get completely rid of spyware for the user, but so far, I have been about 75% successful in that area, which isn't too bad for an untrained person. :thumbsup:

By the way, that is without using any logging or special programs that users are warned about here (I learned that the hard way a few years ago with one of the smit removal tools, it did get rid of the spyware, but in the process, it also deleted ntldr from the OS drive. Fortunately, I keep a copy on a flash drive and use some Linux Live CD's so I was able to copy it back quickly-Lesson learned-When the team members say don't use these programs if your just reading the messages-they mean it!-At least in my case, I do know how to prepare and recover should I choose to ignore their excellent advice.)

I am also looking for work.

If you have any questions about me, just ask.

Jeff
The only real problem that I have with being an I.T. Tech is that I can't use the excuse:
"Sorry, I don't do windows."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hi imatechie welcome to BC :thumbsup:

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

Hello, Jeff.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

Hello! and welcome to Bleeping Computer forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users