Hello Rich Rich. Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Sorry for the delay, but we are all volunteers here, and we have been very busy.
Could you please use the Add Reply button, and Copy/Paste your logs.
Attachments are hard to read.
Before we begin, we need to update your version of HijackThis to the latest release.
Please find and delete
the HijackThis.exe file you already have installed.
Now, click here
to download HijackThis.
Save HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
Double click on the HJTInstall.exe
icon to start the program.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
It will also place a Shortcut icon on your Desktop.
After the final dialogue box it will launch HijackThis.
Please close HijackThis.
Now, download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
to your Desktop
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a location you will remember.
- Copy and Paste that log into your next reply.
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS)
and save to your Desktop.alternate download site
DSS will do the following:
- Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
- Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
- Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
- Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your Desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes
.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.
- Close all applications and windows.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.
- If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:
- main.txt <-this one will be maximized
- extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
---When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.
- If not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.
- Please copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.