Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Size Of Vista Sidebar Gadgets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

On my desktop with a 19" monitor the size of the Sidebar gadgets are just fine. On my laptop they are quite large. Is there anyone who has come up with a way to reduce the size of the gadgets.

I have been able using my scroll wheel mouse to change the size of the icons but the sidebar gadgets are just way to large.

Thanks for any and all help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:12 AM

Hi , I would be curious to know how many user's use that feature , I don't use it myself because I don't see any advantage to have it running , I have disable it altogether . Just curious but what do you like about it ?

#3 RapboY

RapboY

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hi , I would be curious to know how many user's use that feature , I don't use it myself because I don't see any advantage to have it running , I have disable it altogether . Just curious but what do you like about it ?

well, i use it.. and i regularly use the multimeter, and especially the app launcher, since i really have to use a lot of software.. and app launcher gives me two quick options (along with the taskbar) so that i can easily launch my software like photoshop, painter, and other adobe products.. :D

and for the size, i really dont think ther'es a solution to it..

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

The sidebar is a tool for easy access to certain frequently used features. So it's a trade-off between performance and accessibility.
I don't use it for several reasons:
- I don't have a need for any of the gadgets that I've seen
- I'd rather have performance than the extra accessibility
- It clutters up my already cluttered desktop
- I don't like that it steals the focus from my apps (although I believe there's a setting to prevent this)
- It really looks lousy if the computer is set for "Best Performance" in the System Utilities
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users