Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 uptotheeyeballs

uptotheeyeballs

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hello, i'm new to this site and thought it might be a useful idea to come on here to sort out my problem............basically i'm not 100% percent sure but i think my computer might be infected after going on a certain website. I have been on the site before but something strange happened this time, and afterwards a msg popped up that said something like..' [i]your computer has not been scanned for viruses properly, your computer is infected with spyware'[/i] It then gave the option to press o.k or cancel, i didnt press any of these and just pressed the close button where the cross is....the box then closed and another box automatically popped up that said, 'Install spyware protection(something or other), and gave the option to either run save or cancel, again i didnt press any of these and just pressed the cross again to close the box. Now nothing happened after that, and nothing really strange has happened to my computer since. I decided to do a virus scan and no viruses were picked up, but that was only with the Virgin PC guard that we have................
..........so does this sound like a virus is on my computer, if so is there any good software that would be able to scan and cleanup anything unnecessary on my computer. Thanks

Edited by garmanma, 19 June 2008 - 07:46 AM.
move to a more appropiate forum-Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:43 AM

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from one of the links below:

Download Link 1
Alternative Mirror

Once downloaded run the file, when the installation is complete make sure you are connected to the Internet and you have checked the following:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then once the updating is complete, run and quick scan and post the results of the scan.

Hope this helps.

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users