Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Configure Infrared To Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:00 AM

I have an intel celeron laptop with infrared device and a 6300 nokia having the same device.I don't have the software for the cellphone so I could transfer photos into the computer.Id like to use infrared transfer scheme but then I don't know how to configure both the laptop and the celfone.Thanks for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

With most Nokia phones there are numerous ways to connect your phone to you computer/laptop.

With regards to the Infared issue, all you have to do is to enable the infared on the phone and point it to the laptop, thats what I did.

Alternatively....

1) This phone supports Bluetooth, ensure that your laptop had bluetooth then just enable the Bluetooth on your phone and pair the two.

2) Use the USB cable that comes with the phone to link to the computer (much easier to use than infared/bluetooth) if you dont have one you can pick them up anywhere for a cheap price!

3) The phone features a memory card, just buy a memory card reader for you computer, remove the memory card from phone and insert into reader, then plug the reader into your pc!

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah you can download the software for your phone at: Nokia's website].
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

Id like to use infrared transfer scheme but then I don't know how to configure both the laptop and the celfone.Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi! It's been a while since I've used IR (I had a Nokia 3200).

As far as I can remember, I went into the cellphone and enabled IR transmission. Then, I put the IR receiver of the cellphone near the IR transmitter of the laptop and the laptop would detect the device. Then, I'd just right click the image file, and click 'Send to Infra-red device'.

As for moving files onto your laptop, I don't think your cellphone can do that, you'll need to use an alternative method, as stated by FireKracker

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#4 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

I just want to try receiving photos from celphone via infrared.Because this feature in this laptop seems to be unnoticed.Im using travelmate 290 series(xp) for which I having hard time to find compatible IR driver.I have searched a lot but failed to see the one that works with this machine.Thanks your replies.

#5 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:32 AM

TBH with you, I'd just get hold of a USB cable for the phone, download the Nokia software (from the above link) and connect the phone that way, to save you the bother and hassle of trying to configure the Infared.

If you want to go the route of Infared, then your going to have to visit the website of the makers of your laptop and look for their Infared driver unless you have a copy. Install that and then just enable the infared on your phone and point them at each other and the connection should work.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users