Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent! Programs Not Running After System Recovery.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darcylouise93

darcylouise93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

So I did system recovery which was the BIGGEST mistake of my life! when I was supposed to do system restore. OK!...I got confused between the two because im hopeless with computers and all that stuff.... but anyway all my programs a stuffed up! My mum really needs microsoft office (it has microsoft word on it etc etc). It has the microsoft word icon on my desktop but everytime I double click it its says:

"This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

When I put the disk in for microsoft office 2000 so I can install it again, the installation bar gets about half way on the first disk then stops and says:

"Error 1305. Error reading from file:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MAPI>DLL. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

It also says something similar when I try to install my printer software. On yahoo answers someone suggested going to my computer...c drive...program files....then deleting the microsoft office file. But that didnt work!

It also is not on add or remove programs and I have gone to the add/remove windows componants.

I have downloaded a recover file software but microsoft office hasnt come up on the list.

I am on windows XP and I have done that chkdsk thingo and I didnt even know what that did to help. Someone told me to do it. And please dont suggest dowloading open office.

PLEASE PLEASE help me! You will be my savior!

Also since im pretty dumb with computers i need step by step instructions.

Much appreciated in advance :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

Hi.

Have you been to Windows Update and reinstalled all the updates yet? Could take a while but is necessary if everything was deleted.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

How far did you go back in System Restore? If you went way back, then you probably restored to a time before some programs were installed. Just asking 'cuz I read a post recently at some forum (not sure if it's this one) and they guy restored a "few weeks back", and then wondered why some things didn't work anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users