Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Viewing Youtube Videos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrsb

mrsb

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

When I try to view youtube videos I get an error message telling me that I either don't have Java enabled or I don't have the latest Flashplayer. Neither of these statements is true, so can anyone suggest what to do to view the videos I choose, please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:31 AM

You need to uninstall Flash using their uninstallation tool and then reinstall the new version. Here's the link.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

#3 mrsb

mrsb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

Thanks frank, did that but made no difference, still can't play any videos, still get the same error message. So frustrating, when it tells you something you know is not so. any other suggestions please?

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:50 AM

When did you do this? Even if you think you've installed Flash properly, this error indicates that it is not installed properly.

Edited by frankp316, 19 June 2008 - 10:52 AM.

#5 mrsb

mrsb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

I have done this several times, frank, both today and yesterday, even re-booted in between, no difference. However, someone else recommended Miro and I have downloaded that, now I can view videos no problem. Thanks for your input, it's appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users