Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hjt Log Needing Review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wsuraider

wsuraider

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hello,
My laptop has come down with a Trojan and I can't get rid of it. McAfee and Ad-Aware were unable to detect it. SuperAntiSpyware is able to locate and remove it everytime I run the scan program but the trojan always reappears when I rerun the program after a reboot.

SuperAntiSpyware lists it as an Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel and its located in two locations.

Attached is my "HJT" log file.

Please help me remove this trojan. Let me know any more information that is needed.

Thanks,
wsuraider

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wsuraider

wsuraider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

So, I downloaded and ran the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware freeware program last night after doing some more research on this forum website. The program was able to remove the Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel and some other rogue's/trojans affecting my computer.

Subsequently, running SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes after a reboot neither program turned up any more spyware, malware, viruses, trojans, etc.

So hopefully everything is back in a restored order now.

I have attached my latest "Hijackthis" log though for review. I've also attached the original Malwarebytes log and then the subsequent Malwarebytes logs I've been getting now that everything has been "cleaned".

Let me know if there is something being missed.

Thank you all very much.

wsuraider

Attached Files

#3 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

Hello wsuraider

Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbsup:
========================
If you are still in need of assistance please post a new Hijackthis log.
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users