Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Loading Draft Applet On Yahoo Sports

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chadwick0211

Chadwick0211

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

Hello,
I'm looking for some software help reguarding Yahoo fantasy sports. For a number of years now, I've been playing fantasy football on Yahoo with no problems what-so-ever. This season seems to be different. After you sign up for a league, you are given the option to test your system to make sure that everything is a go to enter the live draft at a designated time. No problems so far, I test my system, and after a 5-10 second wait, the test results come back "Successfull". Well, when the draft starts, and I follow the hyperlink to "Enter Live Draft", it never completley loads. I end up starring at a blank white screen forever. I've tried numberous times with all the same outcome. I went as far as to ask for help through Yahoo customer care. After getting the run-around for almost a week now, I'm about at my witts end..
I have performed numberous steps to try and correct this problem.

I have deleted cookies, Temp. Internet files, cache ect.
I re-downloaded and installed the latest Java RTE
I installed the new flash player
I turned off my windows firewall (for the time being of course)
I shut down Norton (Thinking it was their firewall giving me problems)
I downloaded the new IE 7
I downloaded Mozilla Firefox 3.0 (Thinking it was my IE giving me
problems)
And I even talked with some of my other league managers, whom which had
no problems accessing their draft.

PLEASE, any suggestions????
Thank You in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:27 AM

Did you uninstall the old version of Java? The other thing you could try is to uninstall and reinstall the current version of Java. You may have re-downloaded Java but uninstalling first usually works better.

#3 Chadwick0211

Chadwick0211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Did you uninstall the old version of Java? The other thing you could try is to uninstall and reinstall the current version of Java. You may have re-downloaded Java but uninstalling first usually works better.

Frankp316, Thank you for your help.
I have uninstalled all of Java before installing the newer version which is? 6.6.. Correct? I'm starting to wonder if I even downloaded and installed the correct Java at all.. There are so many versions of Java and Yahoo Sports doesn't specify which version you need to run their program with. Any idea how I can fix this issue?
Thanks again!!!

Edited by Chadwick0211, 19 June 2008 - 12:16 PM.

#4 Chadwick0211

Chadwick0211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'm taking an educated guess by saying that my proxy configuration isn't correct.. The problem is, I'm not sure on how to tell.. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users