philips dvd recorder
Assuming this is a stand alone DVD recorder.
why the recorded dvd from the philips dvd recorder will not play on my dvd rom / cd writer cheers finbar
I finalize the DVD-RW with my stand alone DVD recorder. you can always use the stand alone DVD recorder to un-finalize the DVD RW, or erase DVD to use again.
There's a limit to how many times you can erase a disc.
It should play on your PC.
But if it doesn't.
I do this; use the PC's DVD drive and Nero (or equivalent) to import the video. If nero can't read the drive, then I copy the TS folders to the hard drive. from there I use Nero 6 Ultra to open the video as follows.
1. Place the finalized DVD in your PC's DVD tray.
2. Open Nero.
3. choose “Make a DVD”
4. Choose “Import Video”
5. click on the DVD drive that your disc is in. Or video TS folder on the Hard drive.
6. Nero will now import the VOB files from the DVD.
7. Click on the VOB video file.
8. Click on the “Export” button.
9. Click the configure button to check the audio video format. (I change the audio from “automatic” to LPCM because my video editor only recognizes LPCM.)
Nero will convert the Video to an MPEG-2 where you can view it, burn it, or store it on your hard drive.
Does Windows Movie maker support Mpeg2 video's? I didn't think it did, but could be wrong.
If you don't have a video editor, sometimes a decent editor will come bundled with a camcorder, or DVD drive when you buy it. for example Arcsoft Showbiz was on the install disc for a camcorder I bought. Arcsoft Showbiz is a decent video editor that will import and export video's. Nero came with a DVD burner.
Hope this helps.
Edited by 12x48y, 19 June 2008 - 05:21 PM.