Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Trojans Zlob Kfo, Zlob Jje, Zlob Jjf

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cit

cit

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

I hope I'm in the right place because I can't get a hijack this log loaded from online on the infected computer, the viruses wont let me, so here goes...My sons computer is infected with Trojans Zlob KFO, Zlob JJE, Zlob JJF, I know this because he inserted an AVG disk AFTER he was infected, even then ( in safe mode) it took two hours to finds the Trojans. The AVG disk couldn't get rid of them, (even though it said it did in safe mode), the computer is still hijacked. The only other thing he has on his computer to help is something called Spysweeper but that wont work. The computer wont let you get online to get any help, it keeps opening up Internet Explorer ( thats the computers only browser) to a site to "FIX" YOUR COMPUTER, ( even off line and in safe mode) and popping up warnings that your computer is infected, and to click on "this or that" thing to fix it. If you try to get into the files AVG says are infected the computer wont let you in, and it starts popping up all kinds of other windows of things you didn't click on, even in safe mode. I don't know why he didn't put anti virus stuff on his computer before this but he didn't, thank you so much for reading this, Cit

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 18 June 2008 - 12:27 PM.

The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world. The words of truth are always paradoxical.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cit

cit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

:thumbsup: I forgot sorry! There was a window looking very much like something from Windows Security ( it had the Windows Security logo on it ) with a big bright red flashy box thing on the top of the window (looking like red water) that kept popping up too. I don't know if that means anything, I've never seen that window before, but I was hoping it was Windows Malicious Software Remover, and I looked for that software ( or is Windows Malicious Software Remover a program? sorry the terms confuse me sometimes) on the computer but I couldn't find Windows Malicious Software Remover to click on, and I'm afraid to click on that window. I have been trying to learn about computers in my free time for about 5 years now if that tells you anything about my ability to learn this stuff, :trumpet: :flowers: and I still know only enough to protect myself with other peoples stuff (bough in a store or online) so I don't know what I can do even if you explain, but I will try my best, Thank you very much for reading this, Cit
The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world. The words of truth are always paradoxical.

#3 cit

cit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

Wow this place is busy! Anyway I wanted to say we reformatted my sons computer, I wanted to say also that I got him to put almost all the anti-spyware, the best firewall, and what-not that people wrote about on here, on his computer, Thank you very much for having this nice site, Cit :thumbsup:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

Sorry your thread was overlooked but we are all volunteers and sometimes a topic will get missed.

Sometimes a reformat is the best solution. In some instances an infection may have caused so much damage to your system that it cannot be successfully cleaned or repaired. In those cases, recovery is not possible and the only option is to reformat, wipe your drive clean and reinstall install the OS.

To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, be sure to read:
• "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
• "How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
• "Best Practices - Internet Safety for 2008".
• "Hardening Windows Security - Part 1 & Part 2".
• "IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings".
• "How to Set Security Options in the Firefox Browser".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 cit

cit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

Thank you very much quietman7 !

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:03 AM

Your welcome.

I forgot to add:

• Avoid online gaming sites and peer-to-peer (P2P) or file sharing programs as they are a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, and exposure of personal information. Many malicious worms and Trojans target and spread across P2P files sharing networks and gaming sites. In some instances the infection may cause so much damage to your system that recovery is not possible and the only option is to wipe your drive, reformat and reinstall the OS. The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid gaming sites and not use any P2P applications. Read P2P Software User Advisories and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.

Safe surfing and have a malware free day.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users