Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 little_john

little_john

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hi, my name is John and I have been a computer user since the early '80's. I am a Mechanical Design Engineer in the Medical Device field. I use Proengineer Wildfire CAD software at work and am, by default, the Admin for this application. After much downsizing there are only 2 of us mechanical cats left here and I am the junior guy, hence the default responsibility. We have an IT person at work, so I only get involved with application related issues, no server stuff.

At home I am the IT department. I have been able to fix most of the issues we come across, but with WiFi, Verizon FIOS, multiple computers and a teenage daughter, I get overwhelmed at times. Your site seems to be a great place to get help with these problems. It is so hard these days to know when I am being scammed on-line. I have gotten to where I don't trust anything on-line.

We have a small antique and collectible business that I need to get onto our new ISP. We were on Europa then Comcast and now Verizon FIOS. We buy and sell on Ebay. We specialize in old woodworking tools, pocket knives, chess sets, poker chips, neck ties, McCoy Pottery and a few other things. I will let you know when we get the site up again. It's on the big list. The short list just keeps getting longer and longer these days.

We have a couple Schipperkies, one being 6 months old. Daughter is finished with middle school. Been married 27 years, this time. Drive a MR2 Spyder. Like to fish. Have a old wood drift boat project in the driveway.
Regards,
John

Remember:
If you don't have fun,
You don't have anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

I am sure that BC can provide the help you, from time to time, need.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hello! and welcome to Bleeping Computer forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users