Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryptex.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mad Water Boy

Mad Water Boy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hello,

I've been working on cleaning up a PC for a friend and I have run into this little monster. Other infections included, but were definitely not limited to, Zlob and Vundo. The PC is also shutting down when trying to access the internet. Sounds like blaster, but I've run the blaster remover tool from Symantec and windows malicious software removal tool. Neither found anything. I've also run Combo Fix twice, but haven't tried to get back on line with the machine since as it was late and I needed to rest my weary head. (Me thinks I enjoy tracking down those little errant bodies of code a little too much.) I have the combofix logs with me but no hijack this log. Sorry, I should have run but was tired.

The system is running Windows XP Home edition SP2. Anti-virus is AVG 8.

Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks,

MWB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 June 2008 - 03:54 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

Try running the following two tools in Safe Mode.

Dr.Web CureIt!
http://freedrweb.com/cureit/

McAfee Avert Stinger
http://vil.nai.com/VIL/stinger/

You can download them on a working computer and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD or pen drive.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users