Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Friendly Access

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kyme

Kyme

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:53 AM

God says that he will help those who help themselves, and he means this by us helping others. Thank you Lord!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank "Bleeping Computer" for this endeavor they have accomplished. I was begining to think that there wasn't any concise direction for persons such as myself to follow with their computer problems, but this community has stepped forward and achieved this collective goal. As a new member I am amazed at how well you have all come together to reach this goal, and the continued maintenance that is required is accomplished.
I am visually impaired; and suffer from eye strain on a continual basis, and I am wondering if "BC" could increase the overall font size in the postings? Please understand that my physical affliction is not something I carry on my bannered sleeve for others to deal with. This is the only time I will ask you for your consideraation. I thank you all for your time and consideration :thumbsup: , and if I had four thumbs, I would offer you six.
DO YOU KNOW WHY GOD DIDN'T GIVE US THREE HANDS? bECAUSE WE WOULD MOAN AND GROAN THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE FOUR!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Kyme

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 June 2008 - 10:37 PM.
Edit BB tags. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hi KYME

Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Try holding down the CTRL key and using your scroll button on the mouse to alter text size. This should work wherever you have text.

Cheers

Edited by rowal5555, 18 June 2008 - 06:40 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

In addition to the "Ctrl" key and Scroll Button method of increasing text size (Which I use a lot),
here is a free utility magnifier that works on various OSs.

Virtual Magnifying Glass

Windows XP also has an installed magnifier.

Turn On and Use Magnifier
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 imatechie

imatechie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

Also, on IE7 (for those who use it) you can press and release the Alt key to see the menu, then you can select
View, then their will be an option to set text size.

For Firefox, on 3.0 the Text Size has been replaced by the word Zoom, but it still functions the same,
hold down the ctrl key and press the + key to zoom in (Make the text appear bigger) and hold down the ctrl key and
press the - key to zoom out.

That should help also. :thumbsup:

Jeff
The only real problem that I have with being an I.T. Tech is that I can't use the excuse:
"Sorry, I don't do windows."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users