Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista, Vista Emulator Or Dual Boot?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows Vista, Vista Emulator or Dual Boot? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you do? (I don't know which is better!)

1. Buy Windows Vista (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Get Vista Transformation Pack (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Get Vista Inspirat (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Make Dual-Boot (XP + Vista) (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 alexford21

alexford21

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:34 AM

Hi everyone!
I have heard that there are many driver problems in Windows Vista. A friend of mine has a laptop with Vista Home Premium and it can not read CDs and DVDs! :trumpet: The laptop is bought last week!
I have Windows XP SP2 and I am thinking about getting it transformed into ..."Vista", but I fear possible CPU problems. It is not a good idea, is it? But there is another choice: dual-boot XP and Vista.
So, I made this poll for you to help me, if you want. Which choice is better? :flowers:
Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:24 AM

That would depend entirely on your system...For example how much RAM do you have installed? What type of processor do you have? How new is your system (older systems don't handle Vista well)? Whether you are able to get compatible drivers for all of your printers and other goodies that will work for both Vista and XP (if going to try Dual-Boot). There are a lot of things to consider.

Myself, I'll just stay with XP...I kinda' like it....

Edited by douglas martin, 18 June 2008 - 06:24 AM.

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

I have Vista Basic...only because someday I will install it and fool around with it.

I see no reason whatever to use Vista, at this point in time...as opposed to the option of using XP (which I have found to be a very good O/S for novices like me) who don't want to learn an alternative O/S.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users