Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Operations Questions Otherwise Known As Housekeeping

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 josephawood6

josephawood6

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:03 PM

I know I have some type of computer virus, tojan, rootkit, issue and haven't been able to source information anywhere else in this site.
What is the normal post time to be expected from when I hit add/reply until I should be able to view my most recent entry based on a normally functioning healthy computer? Now you must be saying "what are you new" and I am, but I don't know quite how to use bleeping computer as a tool to effiecently spend my time.
I don't know how long a forum administrator volunteers a day, how many members per admin there are, or how much time each persons situation needs, so I don't know what to expect. So I'm asking because I'm not receiving emails on post notices and I don'y know if it's me or my system and do not want to act as if I were ungrateful. I just don't lnow.
I'm sure responses will provoke additional questions.
If I need to be re-directed to another forum please by all means tell me and Thank You.
Joe
WOODSY0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Once you post a reply, it should appear in the topic instantly.

If you are refering to a HJT log you have posted (if any), there is a large backorder on help for these logs. Currently, the oldest log is "Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 pm".

Odviously, we've been a bit backed up 8(

how many members per admin there are

According to BC's homepage, (as of this writing), there are 187,213 Registered Members. There is one Root Admin (Grinler), and there are three site admins (Groovicus, Animal, and Papakid). That gives approximately fourty-seven thousand members per admin. (Eeek!!!)

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 josephawood6

josephawood6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

Hi Billy3.
Thanks for replying. I don't have a HJT log waiting but want to decide whether to pursue a wipe out and reinstall rather than trying to fix the problems this infection has already created. I don't want to seem ungrateful because I'm not. I would rather ask and be embarassed, than not know. Boopme May have to redirect me and my topic anyway, I just am losing patience, I've been using Mcafee and other security software and I discovered the problem Saturady morning and know here it is tuesday night and I've lost so much usefulness from my computer. I'm using to source job opportunity's and (currently unemployed) don't know what to do.
Thanks for listening and writing.
Thank You
Joe
WOODSY0

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:50 AM

Hi josephawood6,

You may want to take some time and visit the New User Orientation section, to get familiarized with how BC's board works.

Since your thread Anything I Can Do? is still active, please feel free to direct any questions you may have to your helper, boopme.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users