Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading MP3 files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaycjayz

jaycjayz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 09:42 AM

Ok, here is the deal. When I try to download an MP3 file, my save as option is gone. Instead it starts to download the file thru my browser....bottom left computer icon with a red arrow - almost as though I were downloading a Quicktime Movie. When it is finished, it always comes back with an error message saying the plug-in did not do something correctly. Regardless of that, I just want my save as feature to come back. I have looked thru my file types in folder options to check what is the default program for mp3s....it is winamp, which is my preference. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 box1911free

box1911free

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

hi jaycjayz,

Are you sure that the file link that you are trying to download when you right-click, is a direct link to the MP3. I know it sounds simple but it could be a link to another file or control.
Also depends where you are downloading from, the best place I've found is Limewire ... it's great, you can get most general mp3 files - and interestingly for you, they have a file integrity check on you mp3 downloads - it'll tell you if the file you are trying to download is corrupt.
Another place for MP3...
Limewire...

#3 jaycjayz

jaycjayz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:17 PM

The file is on the web, not on someones computer in a p2p network. This doesnt just happen on one mp3 file, it happens on ALL mp3 files.

Help!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users