Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Powers On But Gives No Signal To Monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rux0r

Rux0r

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Hey guys i just bought a new computer from ibuypower.com... the specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6850 (2x 3.0GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1333FSB)
[SLI] MSI P7N SLI-FI Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, Three PCI-E MB
2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair
2x NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 1GB w/DVI + TV Out Video - running SLI mode
250 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache]
MS Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2

When i connect the power, monitor, mouse, etc... they recieve power but my monitor does not get a signal, The place is closed so I cant call up for the tech support, but Was wondering if you guys had any idea's what could be the cause of it, because i really want to this baby [just got it shipped in today] but its not working and it has me down...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hello Rux0r,

The only thing I can think of is that the disk tower is not connected to the monitor. There should be at least one cable running between the back of the monitor and the back of the disk tower. This is separate from the power cables.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

I would check all connections...and probably reseat the video card.

Something may have been slightly jarred loose during shipping, at least that would be my hope :thumbsup:.

Louis

#4 Rux0r

Rux0r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hello Rux0r,

The only thing I can think of is that the disk tower is not connected to the monitor. There should be at least one cable running between the back of the monitor and the back of the disk tower. This is separate from the power cables.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Im not sure what you mean... the disk tower is not connected to the monitor?

But i called up the tech support which had me test the video cards, RAM, and he believes that it possibly the motherboard, so they are sending me a new one so i can fix it myself, and this way i can make sure everything is connected ideally... but im just hoping thats the case cuz i dont want to be sending it back and waiting forever [it seems like it]...

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

Well...I just went through a similar scenario...and it wasn't the motherboard.

My CPU had bent pins which were gumming up the works. Once that was straightened out (pun intended), my system worked fine.

I had power to everything, my fans spun up, but no signal reached any monitor I tried. After playing with for a couple of months at random times, I just took it to a local computer shop run by reliable, trustworthy friends.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users