Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Install Window Recovery Console For Window Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phale

phale

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

I am having an annoying problem with my IE.
I'm using IE 7 and from 4 days ago, everytime I open IE or a new tab I got the annoying stuff:

Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack
Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes.
Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information.
To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register KvmSecure.
We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.
Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing.
Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).

I strongly believe this is merely because my IE has been infected so I did some research I was lead to this webpage http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry840027 which shows how to solve the problem but it requires ComboFix and I did not even know what it was so I click on a link provided on that webpage and jumped to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix . I clearly understand it. But to what I understood, the webpage instructing how to use combofix only shows how to install window recovery console with a CD. However, I'm using Vista Home Premium and I have not such a CD. Instead there's a driver on my computer called HP_RECOVERY (F:) which had been already installed on my laptop when I bought it. I'm using a HP laptop.

So could someone help me to find out how to make a WINDOW RECOVERY CONSOLE?

Thanks a head!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users