Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symantec Anitvirus Detects But Cannot Remove Trojan Hourse Named Dwh?.tmp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phale

phale

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

I'm using Symantec Antivirus v10.2 and it has been detecting Trojan Horses named DWH????.tmp (ex. DWH981F.tmp, DWH58JY.tmp, DWHA0F0.tmp etc.)
Symantec detects them but can neither delete nor repair them, all it has been doing is quarantining them. Moreover, I think these Trojan Horses are duplicating themself since their population increases to a very large number (657 items right now). Another thing is that all of these Trojan Horses are located in C:\User\Phale\AppData\Local\Temp
And everytime Symantec is updated a dialog box appears saying:

Updated virus protection files have been delivered and installed on your computer.
Symantec Antivirus may now know how to repair the infected files in quarantine. The easiest way to check and eliminate viruses is to let Symantec do it automatically.
You can process the quarantine items now or scan them at a later time. Do you want to continue?
There are two options: Yes and No.

I clicked on Yes many times and all the time my computer started to become very slow and Symantec is usually Not responding. Therefore, recently I usually click No. My computer continued to perform very slowly until I downloaded Avira Anitvir Personal, which detected and deleted many of these Trojan Hourses. My computer works again but I think it is a little bit slower than before. And unfortunately, the Symantec Antivirus now usually Not responding and keeps detecting and quarantining DWH????.tmp files

I really do not know what to do so I'll be very thankful if you please help me with this. Thank you!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phale

phale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

looks like nobody is interested in replying to this?
Or maybe while waiting for someone to reply, I should consider seeking for plantea boils :thumbsup: . I believe I saw them yesterday when I was watching the Solstice Moon. Tonight the moon illusion is even greater. I'll be lying down on the grass again observing the Solstice Moon with my trashy binoculars and if lucky enough, see a plantea boil may I. Thing is, I wish I had finish my self-made telescope, which I have just started to build. As common sense, I encounter some difficulty but most monstrously, no difficulty no fun.
Oh, I've just remembered this is a computer forum. Sorry for all those odd stuffs.
Anyway, if you know how to fix that suspicious Symantec or have a way to find a plantea boil, please tell me.
Thanks a lot!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

#3 Robren

Robren

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

I have the same problem. I'm running Windows Vista, Symantec Endpoint Protection, and currently have over 4500 of the bleeping .tmp files in the same directory.

I've posted messages on Symantec and Norton's forums..

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/m...e.id=3206#M3206 and

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/me...id=12585#M12585

NO ONE from Symantec has addressed the problem, other than providing advice to follow the removal instructions...which hasn't helped.

I did get a couple nibbles from the Norton site, inadvertantly hit the solved button...and still have the problem.

Trend Micro didn't eliminate the virus, McAfee online scan didn't fix it.

Symantec online chat offered to remote into my computer to fix all of it's broblems...for $99.

Short of restoring this heap to factory settings...I'm at a loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users