Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Vundo B. Infection...can A Pimp Get Sum Help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ACH5612

ACH5612

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

I have a dell desktop computer and I am using the Windows XP operating system. I have come to believe that I have been infected with the Trojan Vundo B. virus. I tried removing it with: fixvundo, virtuomundobegone, norton anti virus, and countless others. Everytime I run the scan for the virus It detects the virus but is unable to remove, delete or quarantine the files. I know where the viruses are located at but when I try to remove them manually I am still unable to delete them. I am to my wits end with my computer and I do not know what to do. I am still experiencing problems with pop ups which is what you call adware. I believe that this problem when I tried downloading a a file which was corrupted. So if you could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information from me and this problem I will be more than happy to give it to you. Although I am computer literate I am not computer savvy so please be sure to use lamen terms. Thank you and be blessed.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 June 2008 - 04:56 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Try running a scan with SuperAntiSpyware in Safe Mode.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users