Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website For Franchise Company

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hi,

I have been set the task to create a website for a Franchise Company.

The site might need to have a page where people can login to read email and gace updates about the company and can make secure payments, etc.
How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

You use PHP or something else on the server to get the information from the web form (as in a user/password combination), then the script hands the information to a controller application that checks to see if the user name/password is valid. Then the controller sends a flag to another controller, depending on whether or not the combination is valid. The final controller sends back the content based on whether or not the combination is valid or not.

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

At least as far as payments go,

Zen Cart™ anyone?

http://www.zencart.com/
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

i have never built an e comerce site yet, but when i go i will buy one from a host, prolly with Zen Cart™ included, fully customizable, all the coding and security done, up to 1,000 products, costs a lot more than a normal hosting package but you pass the cost on to the client,
here's some prices,
http://www.splodge.eu/
i realy gotta finish that site one day :thumbsup:

#5 mckooter

mckooter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:19 PM

its a bit of a new project but i have been working with magento for ecommerce since their early alpha releases early last year, its quite versatile and they are working on making it even more so, i think they are @ version 1.1 or so now,

http://www.magentocommerce.com

quite a nice project, could easily change ecommerce
You can just call me Chris

I found out I was Marilyn Monroe in a previous life

#6 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:49 AM

Wow thanks for the fast replys!

There needs to be a map on the site and I was thinking about there being a 'dynamic' type of map where when someone puts the cursor over the map it zoops in on that area. And when the person clicks on it then it will go to a seperate page. How could I do this?

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users