Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Buying A Computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gswarriors

gswarriors

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hi. I'm looking for a computer that can play games (cod4, starcraft2, maybe crysis), store musics & videos, and do regular school work. My budget is around 1,500 - 1,800. I know building a computer is cheaper, but I rather spend some more for a customized computer. Plz suggest any sites or models you think would be good for me.

Thanx, kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

The computer I'm building will be able to run crysis... and its about 12-1400 US.... my threads here somewhere... just go to end of the thread and read back untill you find my latest post about parts :thumbsup:

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

Building is more of a customized computer. You can pick your own case and stick with the manufacturers that have been good to you.

I built one myself that averaged around 450$ and can run Crysis but not that great. My budget was low :thumbsup:

With yours you can have a big ol' computer assuming you custom build it.

EG. 15,000$ Alieware = 1,500$ Custom built

Much cheeper :huh:

If you need help with building your first computer I'd be more than happy to help :huh:

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 25 June 2008 - 08:41 AM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

Buying a computer from a manufacturer gives the customer one source to use for support whereas building a PC will force the customer to use whomever made the malfunctioning part. That said, building a new PC can be a fun and educational experience. You will want to do plenty of research on parts. Check for quality, reputation, and warranty service. Many of the users on these forums will be glad to help with any questions you might have. Posting your planned configuration can help even more.

3939.png

#5 Lucky23

Lucky23

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

Same here i built mine for about $600 minus montor. Havent tried crysis on it yet but it plays TF2 and CS really well.

Edited by Lucky23, 25 June 2008 - 11:21 PM.

Centurion 5 Case~GA-P35-DS3L Rev2.0~E6550~EVGA 8800GS~3GB GSkill~Cooler Master 650 PRO~Seagate 320GB SATA II~ 2 ASUS 20X Burners~Sound Blaster Audigy SE~ZeroTherm CF900~Acer 22" P221W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users