Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bug With Vista And Wm Player?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

At my company we are having an issue with using windows vista and windows media player. When we try to play a wav file from the web on a certain site (secure to our company) it wont play. windows media player opens and then and error comes up. windows media player cannot play the file. an error has occured. please contact.....

is this a known issue or a new bug in vista??

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hello, wannabeadmin141

Where is the file located? This is most likely a bad file, not your installation. But unless someone can try it out they are going to have a hard time helping you.

You may wish to install the KLite Codec Mega Pack, which you can get from here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite..._Codec_Pack.htm

That will allow you to play most any video format under the sun with windows media player. If you're still having problems, it's most likely the file itself.

Does the file work on other machines?

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users