Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With New Video Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 asa_phelps

asa_phelps

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

I recently got a GeForce 8800GT and put it in my computer and installed it with drivers that came on the cd. I restarted my computer as normal and everything seemed ok, but when I try to play several games such as Mass Effect, Crysis, etc they crash with freezing of the intro vid, or just a blue screen of death. I tried to download the latest drivers and the problem still occurs. Whats strange is that for some reason WoW will not crash but other games do.

I suspect the problem may be related to the intergrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 so I've tried to disable it but I may not have. It doesn't show up for a display option or in device management and I couldn't find it in the BIOS. I have a Gateway, Windows Vista 64-bit, AMD Quad-core.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hmm...

Mabey their was a little issue with the driver when it was installed or burned onto the disk. Id first try removing the driver and reinstalling if off the disk and if no luck I'd try getting a driver from the manufacturers site.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users