Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\optionalcomponents\msfs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tice80j

tice80j

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

I tried installing Adobe 8.1.2 and it gets down to the last 1% and a box pops up stating:

hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\optionalcomponents\msfs

I downloaded combofix, I have a report that is written in greek to me. :thumbsup:

What can I do to fix th problem, and then finih the Adobe download?

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 17 June 2008 - 01:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WEWright

WEWright

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Did anyone ever reply to this question? I have the same problem with installing Adobe Reader 9.2. Into what thread was this moved?

Thanks.

#3 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hi,
Instead of going to the main download page for Adobe reader, try their ftp site download and see if that corrects your problem. Basically, you are downloading it "offline".

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.1.2/enu/

Download the "exe" file.

You may want to bookmark this site; these downloads DO NOT include the now bundled "Adobe AIR" or Adobe.com garbage. If you simply go to the main adobe site to download, you WILL get the bundled apps....your choice.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

Why bother with Adobe at all?
http://download.cnet.com/Foxit-Reader/3000...4-10313206.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Gawen3

Gawen3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

I had this problem trying to install Reader 9.3. I came upon this Adobe help page, and solved the problem by using Solution#2.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/329/329137.html

I was getting a similar error for each of the three subfolders (IMAIL, MSFS, and MAPI) so I just repeated the steps for each subfolder and was able to install Reader successfully. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users