Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unsolvable graphics flutter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WarrenS22345

WarrenS22345

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:45 AM

i have this problem where when anything move across the screen horizontally
(dragging a window, picture, looking left to right in a game, etc) there are
these jittery lines that run across the screen all the way from left side
to right. i took these steps to remedy the situation and none have done a thing.

-download and install drivers for my x850 ati card.

-replace monitor.

-try white dvi cable

-try blue vga cable

-replace entire computer, and keyboard, and mouse
(dell sent me a new one cause mine is only a month old).

i have a gen4 dell xps, 3.7 p4 1066 fsb processor, ati x850,
2 gigs of ram, raptor 74g Hdrive, and a 400g Hdrive i forgot what kind.

is my freaking house haunted? has anyone heard of this problem?
im desperate for help, im a game designer/level editor so this
"small" problem is actually quite big. please help me, sombody, anybody.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:47 AM

I've never seen this problem but in the interests of gatherin more info, what type and model of monitor are you using, what is the resolution set to and the refresh rate??

Edited by Rimmer, 07 April 2005 - 05:48 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 dobhar

dobhar

I Hate the Nasty's

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

1. Are there any lighting sources close to the monitor? Reason asking is I have seen where a flourescent light caused the flutter on a monitor...turn off the light the flutter stops...turn it back on the flutter starts.

2. Does the workstation sit beside the Monitor? I have also seen where the hardware is setup close together and the PC caused a flutter. Moved the PC further away from the Monitor and the flutter went away.

3. Do you have any major power lines running in the ceiling or under the floor close to the workstation? This also will cause interference and a flutter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users