Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Operating System Found.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 b_girl

b_girl

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

Hello,

I just switched everything to a A-Top XBlade Black/Silver Ultimate Gaming Machine With 450W PSU & LCD Control Panel, Model "AT859A-BK-LCD" tower. Everything is hooked up to specs it seems. When I start the computer it recognizes all my drives, cd and such. My system is NetVista A22p 2292 board, Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz, 10/100 Ethernet and Modem, Maxtor ATA DiamondMax plus 9 120 GB/ 133 HDD, For storage Maxtor 20 GB AT D740X-6L, Windows 2003 Server.
Then the black screen tells me:

PXE-MOF: Exiting IntelPXE ROM
1962: No operating system found. Press F1 to repeat boot sequence.

Client MAC ABBR: 00 02 5597 5FD7
Guid: 887F1DF6-BC92-2412-98CA-ABC25968D278
PXE_E53: No boot filename received.

0062: Configuration change has occurred.

Boot Agent version 4.0.22. , etc. , etc. and keeps retrying to boot. Does anyone know what the drama might be?

Thanks,
Angel

Edited by b_girl, 07 April 2005 - 12:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:44 AM

The configuration error maybe the key here. Make sure the CMOS settings are correct for your new system - All floppy and hard drives are found. Also check your boot order and lan settings from within CMOS setup. It sounds like the computer is trying to boot first from your network card. There is a type of boot that tells the network card to find a server, and get everything needed from it.

If that is set correctly... make sure you cabling is secure for all drives and that Master/Slave jumpers on your Hard drive/CD drives are properly set. It could be a problem with the hard drive not booting correctly, and then trying the next option of the network card.

Good luck

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 b_girl

b_girl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:53 PM

I figured it out. I had to disabled my PXE in DOS and change around the boot sequence, etc., etc.. Thank you for your help; I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users