Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Lcd Questions And 1 Other Related Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:19 PM

I don't know whereelse to put this...

1. Anyway, is it ok to give the laptop screen a regular cleaning with a microfiber cloth and cleaning solution (by regular, I mean every couple of days?) And will overzealous cleaning (with light pressure, not heavy) with cleaning solution remove the layer/coating of the screen? My O-C brother found solution streaks left from my cleaning and he removed them by passing over it carefully a couple of times with the microfiber (kinda like how he buffs his car) and solution.

This is the cleaner I used btw:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?mod...8&review=26

but the cloth, I got from an optical shop.

2. Some minute streaking residue were left in the extreme corners of the screen. Should I just let it go or will it affect my laptop in the long run?

3. Is it worth the trouble to get those LCD protector stickers - the one you put over the laptop lcd?

4. What's the average lifespan and durability of an Asus notebook? Specifically an X-80N (AMD turion x2)? And how long will it last me if I take care of it well?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

1. Try using as little solution as possible
2. it's the liquid left on the screen more than the streaking
3. Personally, I don't think so
4. You come across as rather intelligent. I'm sure it should last as long as you continue to care for it.
Get a can of compressed air and every so often blow out the vent holes
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

Thanks for the tips. What would constitute overcleaning, by the way? And in response to your #1 answer, I was led to believe that cleaner stains and streaks were caused by the lack of solution to which the dust gets suspended to, hence they are left there. Won't less solution mean more streaks then? Finally, would the solution remove (or did it already remove) my lcd's protective coating?

I also have other laptop related questions but i'll just open up a new thread as they are unrelated to this one.

Thanks again mr. garmanma.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

I have yet to find a definitive answer. Robert Herron Head lab rat at http://dl.tv/index.php preaches no solution at all, just a cloth
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users