Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New To This Pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chickadee56

chickadee56

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

Hi, I'm new to all this, so have a really lot of dumb questions I'll be asking. #1 What does EmulateIE7 mean? #2 When I scroll down on something it jerks back up to the beginning my Yahoo mail is running sooooo slow, each thing I try to get on it takes so long, I could fix dinner, and do the dishes while I'm waiting!!!!! HELP :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hello chickadee56 and welcome.

The emulate IE7 button means you are using IE8 internet explorer 8. This button is there to allow the user to emmulate IE7 if needed. For example you can't view a page in IE8 so you emmulate IE7 and the page should work correctly.

The scrolling problem. This can be caused by the page you are viewing refreshing and returning you to the top. I have not come accross many pages that do this automatically, could you provide a link?

The Yahoo problem. This can be caused by a number of elements such as the speed of your connection, Yahoo may be backing up their servers at the time you accessed it.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users