Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 alanak

alanak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me...Rogers has called to tell me I am likely infected with a virus. My IP has been noticed as sending a large number of unsuccessful emails. Here is a copy of my highjack this log. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am not too technically knowledgable but hope to be able to work my way out of this. Will your help that is ...of course :thumbsup:

If this doesn't work I am stuck paying Norton 99.99 to fix this. Did I mention I have 5 kids and I am on maternity leave? 99.99 might as well be one million dollars!!!! HaHaHa....Help please!!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 silver

silver

• Members
  • 480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hi alanak,

I'm sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response, if you still need help please do as follows:

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop (right-click the link, select Save Target As..., select your Desktop and press Save)
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<-this one will be minimized
  • Make sure Format->Word Wrap is unchecked
  • Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your reply
Once complete, please post both DSS logs, you won't need to produce a new HijackThis log as DSS produces one for you.
Please post the logs in your response, not as attachments.
Teacher at Malware Removal University | ASAP & UNITE Member

#3 silver

silver

• Members
  • 480 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

Do you still need help with your machine?

If the instructions are unclear or something isn't working, please let me know before proceeding.

#4 alanak

alanak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:31 AM

Thank you Silver, for your response, I just got it today. Believe it or not I actually managed to get rid of it myself. Go figure?

Thanks very much for your time! Have a great day.

#5 silver

silver

• Members
  • 480 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

I'm glad the problem is resolved, and thank you for letting me know. Best of luck!

Since this issue appears to be resolved, this topic has been closed.

If you are the topic starter and need this topic reopened, please PM a staff member with a link to this thread and we will reopen it for you. Anyone else who needs assistance should begin a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users