Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformatted PC; Do I Need Drivers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mohitmahajanin

mohitmahajanin

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I have just reformatted my PC and loaded XP. Now I am in the process of downloading various apps like Comodo firewall, VLC etc. I was wondering, will I still have all the drivers etc that I had earlier(will the reinstallation reinstall them) or do I need to get them again? If I need to get them again, then is there any app that can find out what my system requires and download that for me? OR, pls suggest site(s) from where I can download them.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds - Mohit

{Mod Edit:moved from all other apps~~ boopme}

Edited by boopme, 16 June 2008 - 01:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

The best place to get the drivers is from the website of the manufacturer of your computer. Or, if it is a custom built computer, from the websites of the manufacturers of the individual components. Check your devices in Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Look for any "!", "?" or "X" symbols. If you find any, these are the hardware components that you need to install drivers for.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 mohitmahajanin

mohitmahajanin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users