Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers Problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 omaroo

omaroo

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

im not sure if this is the right section to put this problem in, but im having problems with my speakers, everytime i listen to music or watch videos the sound comes up without the the base of the speakers turned on. I don't know what has happeneed and i can't adjust the volume, please help i think my speakers have gone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

Is this a 2.1 speaker system?

Have you had base with this speaker system on this computer before?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

i dont understand what you mean. the speakers are logitec, When i used to turn the base on the speakers it used to work properly now without it turned on it messes up and i cannot turn the volume up.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

Speaker system for computers come in a couple different configurations. There is the 2.0 stereo with two speakers, right and left channels. There is the 2.1 which is stereo with right and left channel speakers and a sub-woofer, the 1 denotes the sub-woofer. Then the is the 5.1 surround sound speaker system, this has to rear channels, right rear and left rear channels, right and left front channel speakers, the center speaker, and a sub-woofer. Most all computer speaker systems have amplification built into the speakers since the output of the computer isn't enough to drive these speaker by itself, these speakers will plug into the wall outlet for power, usually a step-down transformer.

If you have a separate sub-woofer which is not working, check your connections at the computer and at the speaker itself.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 starfireone

starfireone

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

Try reinstalling the audio/sound drivers for your sound card.

Thanks
Starfireone

www.nickscomputerfix.com

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

When i used to turn the base on the speakers it used to work properly now without it turned on it messes up and i cannot turn the volume up.

Are you talking about when you use the wired, remote, volume and bass controller that plugs into the bass speaker unit?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

dc3 what do you mean by amplification. Sorry i don't understand. Garmanma i don't undersand how to explain it mate. I think my speaker are 2.0 because i have got right and left speakers connected to the base or the soundstation that provides the sound which the cable is linked to the back of my PC. I really want to get my speakers fixed and working and i can't find my sound drivers. Thanks for all the help but i am really confused with some suggestions.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

Does this look similar to what you have? 2 speakers, one bass unit and a wired control unit
Posted Image
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

Simply put...when you turn up the volume on your speakers, it is the amplifier which you are raising the volume on. In this case the amplifier is in the speaker/s. You have said that you have a left and right speaker, and you mention another box, is this a speaker as well. Does this box connect to the audio output of the computer, do the two speaker plug into that box? Does this box plug into the house plugs (receptacles)?

#10 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:25 AM

Omaroo could you be specific in what make and model your speakers are, e.g Logitech X-230 Multimedia Speaker System. The model type should be printed on the speakers some where if not on the box! If you can't find this info look on the net for a corresponding image or review.

Also a specification of you computer would help including what kind of sound card you have!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#11 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

on my big box the information says "Screenbeat Soundstation" and on the two speakers it says Logic 3. BTW i don't know what my soundcard is can you help. Also DC3 by speaker wires do connect to the main box. Also the the main wire is then inserted in the speaker hole in my base unit or system.

Edited by omaroo, 14 September 2008 - 10:18 AM.

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

See if you can find your speakers at this link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=L...amp;btnG=Search

In any case, it's always good to have a backup/alternate pair of speakers, soundcards, etc. for a system. These things may last a lifetime...then again, they may fade away next hour.

Louis

#13 Stacy Jamie

Stacy Jamie

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:07 AM

Ok, I made a blooper and posted here. Thought this was my thread.

Anyway, a driver reinstallation would help and try to reseat your sound card. But I think the problem lies in the software

Edited by Stacy Jamie, 16 September 2008 - 05:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users