Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Failure To Boot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sanrukh

sanrukh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

Hi All!!!
I have a problem with my Windows XP,Intel Celeron Processor.It fails to boot or start up.An error message saying "We apologise for the inconvinience but Windows could not start properly..........I tried to run it in safe mode ,windows normally but no luck it starts all over again and gets stuck with this message.....I tried running the recovery cd but the Computer is not responding....After that i ran a hard drive self test and it seems fine......I really dont know what to do next......Is it any major hardware problem????.....Help would be highly appreciated

Edited by sanrukh, 16 June 2008 - 02:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Evan198

Evan198

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

Hi sanrukh!

I've had the same problem, and here's what I recommend doing. First of all, do you have a blank disk that you can use to burn a file with?

If so, try following these directions to get into your Recovery Console.

1. Go to the following link. There will be a download at the bottom of the Paragraph to download. It has instructions on how to get to your recovery console.

I will work with you through this problem. I know it's frustrating, but work with me, and we'll get you back up and running.

Recovery Console

Evan

Edited by Evan198, 16 June 2008 - 03:18 PM.

Posted Image

#3 sanrukh

sanrukh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hi Evan198!!!

First of all thank u so much....knowing there is a solution to it,is a big relief......wer is de link???...i dont c any...

#4 Evan198

Evan198

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

Link has been edited back in for you. Please follow instructions as posted.

Thanks,
Evan
Posted Image

#5 sanrukh

sanrukh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

Hi Evan.....
I had tried this before but again machine didnot respond to the cd......i had created the ISO image and burned into a cd....anyways am tryin all over again now......When am tryin to run Recovery.bat a message pops up saying "can't find the file BootDisk.exe......Copy the file downloaded from microsoft to the directory where the bat file is located"......but i had downloaded the file in the same location......wer did i go wrong????

Edited by sanrukh, 17 June 2008 - 10:43 AM.

#6 sanrukh

sanrukh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

Hi again....
The system from which am downloading all files has Vista operating system.....Does that hav anything to do with this????

#7 sanrukh

sanrukh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi Evan!!!...
Plz ignore the first 2 messages......i made a blunder.....i burned the cd.....now what next???....can i just go ahead and try it ???.....

#8 sanrukh

sanrukh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

Hi Evan!!!
i tried running the cd but no luck this time as well....No welcome Set up screen ,no prompts,nothing......Same windows screen appears ,then a blue scree just blinks,then hp screen appears,then a blank screen with a cursor on the top left,and finally the screen with the old message "We apologise Windows did not start successfully.........."......i checked whether the cd is burned correctly.....It has the following 4 files 1386,WIN51,WIN51IC,WIN51IC.SP2....... I also checked whether CD/DVD ROM Drive is set as the first boot device in BIOS Setup.......What is wrong with my laptop????

#9 sanrukh

sanrukh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hi Evan!!!....
Plz reply to the messages.....What is the problem???...Is it with the CD ROM drive????

#10 Evan198

Evan198

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

Alright Sanrukh,

First off, my apologies that I haven't been here to help you recently.

But back to the problem

Would you mind taking a screenshot of what your computer displays when it starts up? You can do this by hitting "Print Screen", to the right of F12 and left of Scroll Lock.

Then upload that photo onto an image hosting site and post the link, so I can get a visual as to what we're working with here.

Thanks,
Evan
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users