Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nop_90

nop_90

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:16 PM

Greets to the Community.

I'm happy to have found this forum while searching for a solution to my virus problem. I've been studying the Forum's postings looking for a solution, and have been impressed by the quality of 'service' here by the skilled folks volunteering their valuable time to help people they don't know.

While I am preparing the various logs for posting in the HiJack This thread, I was wondering if there was information available that would help me to understand what one should look for in the logs. Is this available within the Forum or elsewhere?

Thanks,

nop_90

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hello! and welcome to Bleeping Computer forums!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

You can find some information about HJT Logs in this Tutorial:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-hijackthis/

However, please keep in mind that a complete understanding of the data in such logs requires a high level of experience and training, so use the Tutorial for informational purposes and take no action yourself.

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:50 PM

Welcome to BC nop 90. You might want to check out the New User Orientation. It can be a big help in learning your way around here. :thumbsup:
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#5 nop_90

nop_90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

I'm eagerly leeching the wealth of information here...great info.

I didn't realize how active this site is. I notice that some posts never get a response, and since mine hasn't, I wondered if I had not posted enough information or had done it incorrectly, causing no response. Is that an issue on the Forum?

Thanks all for the links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users