Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Cd Rw/dvd Sn-324f Not Working Properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

The drive will recognize a cd with music or photo files, but it will not play them when you click on a file. It will not recognize a DVD at all. The Drive shows up in my computer and under Hardware in My Computer properties. I have checdk for newer drives and Windows say none are found that are a better match. I have flashed the drive with updated firmware as seems to be the popular thing to do when you Google this problem and that didn't make a difference. I used this file: 200401281824231532_U204COM_0112
I have updated Windows XP Home and PowerDVD but nothing seems to make a difference. Maybe the drive is just junk. I am not for sure. Thank you for any help.

Edited by jeremiahbear, 16 June 2008 - 08:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

Have you tried the drive on a different IDE connector?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Try uninstalling it in the Device Manager and reboot the computer, the installation wizard should recognize it as new hardware and find the appropriate drivers for it. Sometimes the drivers become corrupted and just need to be reinstalled.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

It is in a laptop which I know little about but I did not know there were other places to connect it, and I am sorry if I did not mentionn the laptop part. I did uninstall and remove from hardware and let xp find it again and reinstall the drivers. Same thing hsppens. It spins and the light comes on, but it won't actually do anything with cd data. And it won't recognize DVD data.

#5 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Start with this first. If it doesn't help there are other things to try. Back up your registry before trying this.

Open regedit and browse to this entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. .

Delete the keys named UpperFilters and LowerFilters and reboot.

(You may only have one of them. That's okay.)

#6 jeremiahbear

jeremiahbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

I don't have anything that reads like that in that location or any of its subkeys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users