Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox "Favorites" Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Soul Invictus

Soul Invictus

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

I imported my IE Favorites into my Firefox browser. Since I've moved, and am using another I needed to get my Firefox Favorites from the old PC to my new one. What I did was save my Favorites into an HTML document onto my desktop on the old PC (it opens in Firefox)

I sent an email attachment to myself by using the Favorites that are on the old PC's desktop as the attachment. On the new PC, I can open the Favorites in Firefox (good so far), but I'm having difficulty importing them into my current Firefox Favorites list on the new PC. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

Check to see that you followed these instructions:

You can also import bookmarks files from other sources. For example, you can import bookmarks files from earlier Mozilla versions, other browsers, or from bookmark files that your friends send you.

Before you start, make sure that the bookmark file you want to import is an HTML file.

1. Open the Bookmarks menu and choose Manage Bookmarks.
2. In your Bookmarks window, open the Tools menu and choose Import.
3. In the "Import bookmark file" dialog box, locate and select the bookmark file you want to import.
4. Click Save.

The imported bookmark file is treated as a group of new bookmarks and added to the bottom of your bookmarks list. If you have designated a new bookmark folder, the imported bookmarks are added to that folder.

Note: Importing a bookmark file imports the bookmarks and folders from that file. It does not create two bookmark files.

Hope this helps.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Soul Invictus

Soul Invictus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

Check to see that you followed these instructions:

You can also import bookmarks files from other sources. For example, you can import bookmarks files from earlier Mozilla versions, other browsers, or from bookmark files that your friends send you.

Before you start, make sure that the bookmark file you want to import is an HTML file.

1. Open the Bookmarks menu and choose Manage Bookmarks.
2. In your Bookmarks window, open the Tools menu and choose Import.
3. In the "Import bookmark file" dialog box, locate and select the bookmark file you want to import.
4. Click Save.

The imported bookmark file is treated as a group of new bookmarks and added to the bottom of your bookmarks list. If you have designated a new bookmark folder, the imported bookmarks are added to that folder.

Note: Importing a bookmark file imports the bookmarks and folders from that file. It does not create two bookmark files.

Hope this helps.
John

Thanks. That did it!

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:15 PM

Glad I could help!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users