I just bought a new computer installed all the windows updates including SP3.
Everything was running fine- as good as a windows machine can.
I installed .net 2.0 (for an Itunes update utility called iTLU) when I went to install a security update for .net it failed. Read a bunch of postings regarding this particular update failing tried a bunch of things - repairing .net, nothing worked. I un-installed .net to be safe)
I tried to install another 3 minor updates and they all failed. Got the message
Problem: A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed. But no error code.
(It does download but not install)
I did turn off my anti-virus and firewall and tried again no change.
I found this solution here http://www.technipages.com/error-a-problem...downloaded.html
Essentially re-regietring a bunch of .dll's done that. Nothing
Solved this buy re-registering run and regsvr32 wups2.dll
this time it worked.
Left for info for others.
Admin Edit: Removed unnecessary HijackThis Log attachment, to preclude post being moved unnecessarily. ~ Animal
Edited by Animal, 15 June 2008 - 04:05 PM.