Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cursor Freezes Or Disappears

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deepsix18415

deepsix18415

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hi, All
My cursor has been freezing and/or disappearing compleatly! The only solution seems to be rebooting the computer, wich of course causes me to lose whatever I was doing. My computer is a VPR Matrix 2020 running Windows XP Home Edition. The mouse is a Logitech Optical with a PS2 (<correct spelling?) connection. Both computer and mouse are over 5yr.s old. Any suggetions (including replace mouse) gratefully acceptsd.
Thanx, deepsix

Edit:Fixed broken BBCode tags ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

Have you ever cleaned the mouse? Try uninstalling the mouse and reboot the computer and let Windows redetect it. Can you get another cheap mouse and try it?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:09 AM

I'm guessing that you have checked to be sure that the mouse if properly plugged in?

Is the date and time of the computer staying accurate?

I understand that the connection is a PS/2 type, but is this via a USB to PS/2 adapter? If it is try plugging it in a USB port.

Have you tried changing the pointer scheme to see if it makes any difference?

Start> Control Panel> Mouse, click on the Pointers tab, under Schemes click on the down arrow to open the menu and choose a different scheme, then click on Apply, then OK.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users