Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Infostealer Gampass

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 koukla

koukla

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

Norton has found infostealer gampass and cannot remove it. I do not want to disable my system restore but would like to remove this and what ever else it has put in my registry. Can someone help me do this. I do not have a lot of computer experience but I can follow directions.

Edited by garmanma, 15 June 2008 - 02:03 PM.
moved to more appropiate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Richard Fu

Richard Fu

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

Try removing it after you clear all system restore point by turning it off or manually delete it.

#3 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

Norton has found infostealer gampass and cannot remove it. I do not want to disable my system restore but would like to remove this and what ever else it has put in my registry. Can someone help me do this. I do not have a lot of computer experience but I can follow directions.

Hi koukla,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding to your posting.

To help remove the trojan from your system, please manually run LiveUpdate so that you have the latest program and definition files applied to your installation of Norton. after LiveUpdate has completed, restart your computer into Windows Safe Mode, launch Norton and then perform a Full System Scan.

If running the scan in Safe Mode still does not allow you to remove the infected files, please visit the page linked below for removal instructions. Please note that part of this process does involve disabling System Restore. The reason why this action is needed is because the trojan most likely infected files that exist in your restore points.

Infostealer.gamepass removal instructions

Please follow the instructions I posted and let me know if you are successful at removing the infection. Also, please let me know which Norton product and version you have installed.

Thank you,
Mike

Edited by Michael York, 19 June 2008 - 04:48 PM.

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users