Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 restrung

restrung

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Alright im going to try and have this make as much sense as possible. I have a Toshiba Satellite A-205 laptop computer. It was originally my friends but since it broke he didn't try to fix it, bring it to somebody or anything else so he just gave it to me since it was no use to him anymore. Along with the laptop he gave me the charger and two "Toshiba recovery and applications/drivers media" disks. Ive tried many things on those disks and they havent done anything. I was recently told to download "Gparted" so I did, I burnt it as an image onto a cd. I stuck the cd in the laptop and all that fast white text started going rapidly down my screen. But before any of that happened I chose "GParted-liveCD 0.3.4-11 (auto-configuration)". Im not sure if thats what i should have done because in that list it included many other things like "Force VESA driver, Force 1740 Driver, etc" But anyways, I chose the auto-configuration one. It asked me my language and all that stuff and I finally got to the program screen. and now im stuck I have no idea what to do. I turned my computer off and stuck in my sisters vista re installation disk it says that no drivers could be found or something. Please help as soon as possible ive been trying to get this computer to work for a while. Heres a video I made to show exactly what I did. By the way, im not worried about losing any data.

WATCH VIDEO FOR SHORTER VERSION

Edited by restrung, 15 June 2008 - 09:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

I'm not sure of the recovery process and what keys you have to select for a Toshiba. The manual should tell you
http://www.csd.toshiba.com
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

As I recall, with the Toshiba, you've got to insert the DVD and then turn the system off. Press and hold the "C" key and turn on the system. Once you see the Toshiba logo you should be able to let go and follow the prompts to reinstall the image.

If that doesn't work, turn the system on and tap F12 repeatedly until it says it's entering the Boot Device selection menu. Then select to boot from the DVD (with the disk in the DVD drive) and press Enter.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users